[Air-L] have I discovered a new disease?

elw at stderr.org elw at stderr.org
Sat Jan 19 15:57:42 PST 2008

> Recently I have noticed that both heels of my outer palms have become
> uncomfortably irritated -- the result I am sure of having them on the
> keyboard's palm rests for 10 hours at a time.

I have fairly serious calluses in those two areas, and have for a number
of years.  Nothing heavy enough to take a podiatric appliance to, or
anything, but definitely toughened skin.  I would say that my ergonomic
habits are less than awesome, but my carpal tunnels only bother me for a
day or so every three or four months.  Usually after I've been working
entirely too hard.... :-)

--elijah