[Air-L] Longitudinal qualitative analysis of CMC

Ulrike Pfeil UlrikePfeil at gmx.net
Thu Jan 31 05:38:41 PST 2008

Hello everybody,
I am interested in doing longitudinal qualitative analysis of asynchronous online communities in order to analyse the development of the online community over time (e.g. looking at how people develop a sense of community, how communication and interaction patterns change over time, how people take on or abandon certain roles within the community etc.).

However, I am having a hard time finding methodological guidance on how to go about it (the longitudinal part). Does anybody have experience with longitudinal qualitative analysis of CMC or can recommend literature that might help me? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Uli