[Air-L] Possible Panel: Women & the Internet - Coming to Knowledge

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 16:35:25 PST 2008

AIR-ers-

I have been thinking about this topic for a while. My
interest in this area stems from my findings in
internet scholarship.

But there must be other, very interesting findings
about women's use of the internet in the domestic
sphere as well as in academic life. (I am recollecting
Maria Bakardjieva and her PhD student, (sorry I don't
have your name to hand) and their presentation on
blogs at the last conference. And the relationship
between blogging and certain aspects of the domestic
sphere.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in pursuing this as a
potential panel, please get ahold of me offlist and we
can go from there.

Cheers, Denise

Denise N. Rall, PhD
Southern Cross University, Lismore NSW 2480 AUSTRALIA
Tues: Room T2.17, +61 (0)2 6620 3577 Mobile 0438 233 344
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/esm/staff/pages/drall/
Virtual member, Cybermetrics Group, University of Wolverhampton, UK
http://cybermetrics.wlv.ac.uk/index.html

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now. www.yahoo7.com.au/worldsbestemail