[Air-L] etiquette for reusing or reposting blog posts

Alex Halavais alex at halavais.net
Thu Jul 24 11:43:04 PDT 2008

I would tend to doubt that there is a blogosphere-wide standard of
etiquette here (or on most matters, for that matter). I suspect that
most people indicate that the post appears in multiple places, at
least on the less-viewed blog. In some cases, they might also turn off
comments in one place to try to concentrate conversation. In others,
they might simply summarize what they have written something
elsewhere.

I've generally used my personal blog to toss everything into, and
often posts that show up on my course blogs, project blogs, etc., go
there too. I haven't been consistent in how, or if, I've noted this,
but have done summaries and full posts, with and without cross-links.

- Alex

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Lokman Tsui <lokman.tsui at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been wondering about what the social online norms are for
> reusing or reposting blog posts across different blogs.
<--snip--->

--
//
// This email is