[Air-L] short review: Salkowitz, Rob. Generation Blend

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 10 13:38:10 PDT 2008

Mr Salkowitz apologizes later in his book for any ageism and he has
now given me a comment on my blog.

here is his comment

I appreciate your serious reading of Generation Blend. For the
record, one of the principle ideas behind the book is that the
perceived "technology age gap" is socially-constructed and cultural,
not cognitive or inherently age-based, and it can be surmounted by
training and acculturation that acknowledges the different
perceptions that people bring to technology based on their life
experience and generational perspective. My work, both at Microsoft
and with OATS, is to overcome ageist prejudices around technology
adoption. If that was not clear in my text, it represents a
significant failing on my part.

Best of luck with your work. Further study in this field is much needed.