[Air-L] blog analysis

Fenwick Mckelvey mckelveyf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 13:43:00 PDT 2008

Hi,
I am a research associate with the Infoscape Lab
(http://www.infoscapelab.ca). We have been  studying Canadian
political blogs for the past two years as part of a few different
projects. We had coded posts for tone, issue, and source of
discussion. We'd be happy to help you off-list with any questions
about project design or methods.

We have published some of our findings here:
Election bloggers: Methods for determining political influence by Greg
Elmer, Peter Malachy Ryan, Zach Devereaux, Ganaele Langlois, Joanna
Redden, and Fenwick McKelvey
First Monday, volume 12, number 4 (April 2007),

Our website also contains weekly research reports with our blog
research findings:
Canadian Federal Politics 2008
http://www.infoscapelab.ca/taxonomy/term/32
Our most recent research determines the most popular links in the blogosphere

Liberal Leadership Race
http://www.infoscapelab.ca/gritrace
Our project coded blog posts for opinion toward leader and also
compared blog posts to the news media.

Hope this information is helpful and I look forward to talking to you soon.

Sincerely,
Fenwick McKelvey
--
Fenwick McKelvey
M.A. Candidate in Communication and Culture

Lead Research Associate
Infoscape Research Lab
http://www.infoscapelab.ca

Research Associate