[Air-L] nerd culture and new media

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Wed Jun 18 19:39:04 PDT 2008

I am also reading this book and I am surprised that they do not see
gender or feminism the same way in different cultures. Some of the
writers found gender a non issue. There is a joke about learning
Estonian.

The language was constructed so one could not go on a date because
there is no she he and it.

Also updated my understandings of porno world wide with that book. I
have more to read still

It is a very good book.

And yes I am threatened by hot women I do find nerd in fact any
labeling is bad. This label was pushed by sexist creeps.

The real truth to find tech cool is thats where the jocks are now and
the money now is and the sexist pigs.

Isn't journalism based on stereotypes and easy handles and labels?