[Air-L] Metaphors in Technology

NANCY MCDONALD-KNWRTHY mcdonald-knwrthy.1 at osu.edu
Mon Jun 30 17:09:58 PDT 2008

broadband is basically a thick set of twisted wires, maybe 2-in or less in diametor, rounded chord, sort of, and made of sometimes fiber optic wires, sometimes copper,  but in what sense broad, and in what sense a band?  (I used to work for the telecoms when they were building data centers.  They have names like "Cat 5," short for category, etc etc.)

ps.... would an emoticon be a metaphor... as well as a truncated word... emotion and icon.... plus would this be a metaphor?   ;-)