[Air-L] Internet Research 9.0 (AoiR 9) REGISTRATION OPEN

Lisbeth Klastrup klastrup at itu.dk
Sun Jun 8 04:48:49 PDT 2008

Dear all,

REGISTRATION for the Internet Research 9.0 conference, IT University of
Copenhagen, October 16th - 18th 2008, Copenhagen, Denmark is now open for
both presenters and all interested academics!

As the conference chair, Im happy to finally announce that you can now all
register for the Internet Research 9.0 conference (also known as the annual
conference of AoIR) on the conference website! -  I would like to apologise
for the delay in the opening of the registration: one reason being that
balancing the dropping rate of the dollar with the high prices of catering
in Denmark hasn't been an easy exercise - but we have now found some good
solutions :).
In order to discover HOW TO REGISTER, find instructions below.
If you are PRESENTER, please note, that we need you to register as quickly
as possible in order to finalise the program!

KEYNOTER ANNOUNCEMENT
We are proud to announce the participation of three highly interesting and
versatile keynoter speakers at this year's conference:
Mimi Ito, US/Japan, author of "Personal, Portable, Pedestrian: Mobile Phones
in Japanese Life" (http://www.itofisher.com/mito)
Stephen Graham, UK, author of the forthcoming book "Cities Under Siege: The
New Military Urbanism"
(http://www.geography.dur.ac.uk/information/staff/personal/graham/index.html
)
Rich Ling, Norway, author of the forthcoming book "New Tech, New Ties: How
mobile communication is reshaping social cohesion"
(http://www.richardling.com)

WORKSHOPS:
Don't forget to check out the preconference workshops, taking place at the
conference venue, on Wednesday October 15th.
You can still submit papers to and participate in the "Learning and Research
in Second Life" and the "Writing and Publications" workshop.
More info at: http://conferences.aoir.org/workshops.htm
The Doctoral Colloquium and the "In the Game.." workshops are closed for
further submissions and participants, but remember to register for the
workshop, if your paper has been accepted!

EARLY BIRD PRICES
Don't miss our early bird prices! If you register before July 31st, the
basic registration fees are:

Early Bird Professional: $320 (incl. one years membership of AoiR)
Early Bird Student: $190 (incl. one years membership of AoiR)

I encourage you all to also sign-up for the conference banquet! It will take
place at the IT University in Copenhagen on Saturday October 18th, followed
by an open student bar and partying/networking until the early hours of the
morning...

HOW DO I REGISTER?
1) Go the conference website: http://conferences.aoir.org/
2) Click on "Registration" in the LEFT-hand menu
3) Follow the instructions :)

QUESTIONS?
Questions related to registration fees and inclusions: contact registration
liason and local conference coordinator, Anna Sommer: asommer at itu.dk.
Technical problems? Please contact registration webmaster Charlie Breindahl:
charlieb at itu.dk
Questions related to the program or your presentation: contact program
chair, Brian Loader: bl506 at york.ac.uk
Questions related to content, venue, sponsoring etc: contact conference
chair, Lisbeth Klastrup: klastrup at itu.dk
Questions regarding the workshops: please contact the relevant workshop
organisers, see info at: http://conferences.aoir.org/workshops.htm
NB! If you for funding reasons need some form of formal document to verify
your participation, contact Anna Sommer: asommer at itu.dk.

************

I really look forward to seeing hopefully a lot of you in Copenhagen in
October. With the number of interesting and illuminating papers accepted for
the conference, I know it is going to be a great experience!

Dont forget to regularly check out: http://conferences.aoir.org

Greetings,
Liz Klastrup
conference chair

Lisbeth Klastrup
Associate Professor
Innovative Communication Research Group (InC)
IT University of Copenhagen
Rued Langgaardsvej 7
DK-2300 Copenhagen S
Denmark