[Air-L] mobile tech in the classroom and beyond...syllabus ideas pls!

Sam Ladner samladner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 09:27:08 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I am putting together a syllabus on technology and work. I'm hoping to have
student problematize their use of technology by conceiving of their roles as
students as "workers" in a sense. I would like them to make use of
technology in the course but I would also like them to reflect upon this
use.

One of the ways I hope to do this is to turn the tables on them, in a sense,
by showing how their use of technologies (especially mobile technologies)
makes them "always on" as individuals. This, hopefully, will also show the
impact of them emailing me!

Has anyone done anything like this? I'm thinking of using Twitter for this,
or perhaps some other sms-based system. And please! Share criticisms now
before I blow up the entire semester with unintended consequences!

thanks
-s.

--
~~~~~