[Air-L] article on Internet Studies lexicon

John Postill jpostill at usa.net
Wed Jun 25 14:49:34 PDT 2008

Dear colleagues

Some of you may remember that a couple of years ago we had an exchange on this
list on the conceptual lexicon of Internet Studies, see archived thread

http://listserv.aoir.org/htdig.cgi/air-l-aoir.org/2006-July/010274.html

Well, I'm very glad to report that a descendant of the draft I was working on
at the time dealing with this question has now been published as

Postill, J. 2008 Localizing the internet beyond communities and networks, New
Media and Society 10 (3), 413-431
DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1461444808089416

Many thanks to those of you who participated in that interesting discussion
and I welcome comments or queries about this piece via email or blogged at

http://johnpostill.wordpress.com/2008/06/24/anthill-cobwebs-and-internet-studies/

John

Dr John Postill
Senior Lecturer in Media