[Air-L] privacy and protection

Bruno S. bselun at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 15:49:09 PDT 2008

Hi there,

in order to protect oneself from being traced back, I highly recommend using
TOR (The Onion Router) > http://www.torproject.org/ <.

The principle is brilliantly explained at >
http://www.torproject.org/overview.html.en <. Since it is virtually
untraceable, your student would need to use it for every connection she
makes to her blog, or wherever it is that she'll be conducting the research
from. From the earliest stage (searching for a hosting service, subscribing
to it) throughout her use of it (posting any comment, any post, just logging
on to the website), she will need to use TOR not to be identified.

This answers the question regarding her anonymity, but not the respondents'.
I could suggest they *all *use TOR, but that requires some kind of technical
understanding, and may not be easily put in place. What are others'
suggestions?

Bruno Selun