[Air-L] Email Analysis Software

gus andrews gus.andrews at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 08:36:56 PDT 2008

Derek, have you tried Atlas TI? I have just started tinkering with it on the
advice of a colleague who's used it pretty happily for analyzing
conversations. I personally am working on blog comment threads with it. So
far it's been a little frustrating -- there's some massaging of text files
needed to get the comment threads into the program, and then tagging is a
little difficult -- but I think it's more because I am not well-practiced
with the software yet. All in all it seems to have a hugely rich ability to
create tags and themes, and to display these in a variety of ways.

The big benefit of Atlas TI is that once you've run out your 30-day trial
period, a grad student license for the software is only something like $100.
Not sure what it runs for professors, but for me, this is a pretty big help.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who's used Atlas TI as well.

Gus