[Air-L] Queer Spiritual Spaces and Digital Culture

Willem de Koster dekoster at fsw.eur.nl
Mon Jun 30 02:28:28 PDT 2008

Dear Kate and others,

That seems to be a very interesting project! Regarding your inquiries:

a) Although there is an interesting literature on the intersection of
queer/spiritual, I don't know of any works involving the digital aspect
as well. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be grateful too.
b) As a PhD student at Erasmus University Rotterdam I am working on a
thesis on online discussion groups. One of my case studies focuses on a
forum used by people who identify as orthodox Protestant homosexuals.
However my research question is on the interconnectedness of their
online and offline experiences and practices, my project is without
doubt related to yours. I'll keep an eye on your site!

Kind regards,
Willem

--
Willem de Koster

Department of Sociology
Faculty of Social Sciences
Erasmus University Rotterdam
P.O. Box 1738
3000 DR Rotterdam
The Netherlands

tel:   +31 10 408 2390
fax:   +31 10 408 9098

e-mail: dekoster at fsw.eur.nl
homepage: http://www.eur.nl/fsw/staff/homepages/dekoster

Kathleen O'Riordan schreef:
> Dear AoIR-L
>
> I am involved in a project - queer spiritual spaces - the web site is
> here:
> <http://www.queerspiritualspaces.com/index.php>
>
> The specific case study that I am working on examines the intersection
> of queer spiritual spaces and digital culture - I have a lot of
> material around religion online (on the one hand) and queer online (on
> the other) - but I have found less at the queer/digital/spiritual
> intersection.
>
> So I have two inquiries:
>
> a) Does anyone have any references for work at this intersection -
> queer/digital/spiritual (not for each separate category)
>
> b) Is anyone else involved in research of a similar/connected kind or
> know of similar projects?
>
> I would be really interested in responses to either of the above.
> Thanks for your time in reading this.
>
> All the best
> Kate
>

> Dr Kate O'Riordan
> Department of Media and Film
> EDB
> University of Sussex
> Falmer
> Brighton
> UK
> BN1 9RG
>
> Tel: 00 44 (0) 1273 876730
>
> http://www.sussex.ac.uk/mediastudies/profile30746.html

De informatie  verzonden in dit e-mail bericht  inclusief de bijlage(n) is
vertrouwelijk  en is  uitsluitend  bestemd  voor de geadresseerde  van dit
bericht. Lees verder: http://www.eur.nl/email-disclaimer

The information in this e-mail message  is confidential and may be legally
privileged. Read more: http://www.eur.nl/english/email-disclaimer