[Air-L] One-year teaching post: Multiplatform journalism and media studies (Trinity University)

Aaron Delwiche adelwich at trinity.edu
Sun Jun 15 08:51:03 PDT 2008

Hi,

We are currently attempting to fill a one-year appointment in the
Department of Communication at Trinity University. We are looking for
someone who can teach courses on multi-platform journalism along with
classes on industry analysis (COMM 1301. Mass Media) or textual
analysis (COMM 2302. Media interpretation and criticism).

Trinity is a terrific place to work, and San Antonio is a great place
to live. Please note that the application deadline is July 1st.

Aaron

------------------------

Multiplatform Journalism
One-Year Instructor or Assistant Professor
Fall 2008 / Department of Communication

COMMUNICATION:  Trinity University.  Instructor or Assistant Professor
of Communication, one-year appointment, Fall 2008, M.A. or A.B.D.
(Ph.D. preferred).  Teach six undergraduate classes per year (9
contact hours per semester) with teaching responsibilities in
multiplatform journalism (reporting, writing, and producing across
media; and analysis of the challenges of convergence and technological
changes) and either industry analysis (Mass Media) or textual analysis
(Media Interpretation and Criticism).

The department is integrated among media specialties and within the
liberal arts and sciences mission of the university.  The faculty is
committed to linking theory and practice in our teaching, research,
and service.  Trinity University, a highly selective, primarily
undergraduate liberal arts and sciences institution, has an ideal
student-faculty ratio, and excellent facilities, equipment, and
services.  Salary:  $40,000-$42,000.

Deadline for receipt of applications is July 1, 2008.  Women and
minorities are encouraged to apply.  Send letter of application,
*curriculum vitae*, three references, graduate institution
transcript(s), and teaching evaluations if available to Dr. William
Christ, Chair, Search Committee, Department of Communication, Trinity
University, One Trinity Place, San Antonio, TX 78212-7200, email:
wchrist at trinity.edu, Fax: 210-999-8355.  Electronic submissions
preferred. EEO Employer.