[Air-L] Library of Social Science Newsletter

Orion Anderson libraryofsocialscience at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 17 13:25:53 PDT 2008

LIBRARY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE NEWSLETTER

The NEWSLETTER of the LIBRARY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE is the premier vehicle
promoting and publicizing significant scholarship in the fields of history,
psychology, psychoanalysis, anthropology, political science, sociology and
cultural studies. Our Newsletter reaches 25,000 researchers, educators,
clinicians and authors from around the world.

The NEWSLETTER features:
. Calls-for-papers and conference announcements.
. Announcements of important publications.
. Groundbreaking papers and essays.

Our Websites Currently Feature Online Publications
from the Following Disciplines:

Anthropology

Glenn Bowman - Xenophobia,
<http://www.kent.ac.uk/anthropology/department/staff/bowman/goldsmit.html>
Fantasy and the Nation: The Logic of Ethnic Violence in Former Yugoslavia

Communication

Carolyn Marvin - Blood Sacrifice and the
<http://www.asc.upenn.edu/USR/fcm/jaar.htm>  Nation: Revisiting Civil
Religion

For further information on using the LIBRARY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE NEWSLETTER to
promote your own project, please write to
oanderson at libraryofsocialscience.com

Psychology

Clark McCauley - Understanding
<http://ideologies.mechapower.com/docs/cm_understanding.htm>  the 9/11
Perpetrators: Crazy, Lost in Hate, or Martyred?

Psychoanalysis

Ruth Stein - Fundamentalism,
<http://ideologies.mechapower.com/docs/fundamentalism_stein.htm>  Father and
Son, and Vertical Desire

Holocaust and Genocide Studies

Omer Bartov - Industrial Killing:
<http://www.millersville.edu/~holo-con/bartov.html>  World War I, The
Holocaust, and Representation

Political Science

Larry N. George - The Pharmacotic
<http://ideologies.mechapower.com/docs/larry_george.pdf>  War on Terrorism:
Cure or Poison for the U.S. Body Politic?

History

Roger Griffin - The
<http://ideologies.mechapower.com/docs/griffin_sacrifice.html>  Meaning of
'Sacrifice' in the First World War

Religious Studies

James W. Jones - Why
<http://www.atypon-link.com/GPI/doi/pdf/10.1521/prev.2006.93.2.167>  Does
Religion Turn Violent? A Psychoanalytic Exploration of Religious Terrorism