[Air-L] Email Analysis Software

Rhiannon Bury rcbury at rogers.com
Mon Jun 9 18:41:35 PDT 2008

Derek:

In the past, I've also analyzed large amounts of email messages. No doubt there is newer software out there but my instinct is  the same as it was then: get them into a specialized program for qualitative research, which has  complex and powerful search functions. I have used QSR's N6, which has now been replaced by NVIVO. The latest version 8 has just been released. The trick will be importing the messages into NVIVO. It may have a function to do that itself but until I take the training later this month, I don't know.

Here's a link to the QSR website:

http://www.qsrinternational.com/

Rhiannon Bury
Assistant Professor