[Air-L] nerd culture and new media

Meryl Krieger meryl.krieger at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 10:07:16 PDT 2008

Where this gets interesting is that most of the good data on gender and
technology has come out of gender and the workplace studies; there's so much
apologizing for women being technologically sophisticated that we're still
dealing with reinforcement of gender norms and stereotypes. Anyone who's
interested, please feel free to contact me off-list as I've spent a decent
amount of time compiling a bibliography of this material - it's all in my
dissertation (forthcoming...).

Best regards to you all,

Meryl Krieger

Meryl Krieger
Ph.D., Folklore & Ethnomusicology (to post September 2008!)
Associate Instructor, Department of Communication and Culture
Indiana University Bloomington
meryl.krieger at gmail.com
kriegerj at indiana.edu