[Air-L] Metaphors in Technology

Ronald E. Rice rrice at comm.ucsb.edu
Sun Jun 8 15:15:55 PDT 2008

This is a nice early study of how people used and interpreted metaphors of
new office technology: Hiemstra, G.  (1983).  You say you want a revolution?
'Information Technology' in organizations.  In R.N. Bostrom & B.H. Westley
(Eds.), Communication yearbook 7, 802-827.

Ronald E. Rice
Arthur N. Rupe Chair in the Social Effects of Mass Communication
Co-Director, Carsey-Wolf Center for Film, Television, and New Media
President of the International Communication Association 2006-2007
Dept. of  Communication, 4840 Ellison Hall
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-4020
Ph: 805-893-8696; Fax: 805-893-7102
rrice at comm.ucsb.edu