[Air-L] Google "imperialism"

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 17 11:34:03 PDT 2008

Stéphane Couture schrieb:
>     i am currently writing a small and general public article about the
> importance of Google and its "imperialism", both economically and in our
> daily Internet practices. I am thinking now about covering the
> monopolistic tendencies of Google as well as some concerns around
> privacy issues.
Please let me know when the article is published.

>     i will be happy if anybody can refer me to more extensive and
> academic work that has already been done around Google.
Have a look at Michael Zimmer's blog. He has written some good papers and
blog posts about the privacy aspects.

http://michaelzimmer.org/category/search-engines/google/

Best, Ralf

Dipl. Pol. Ralf Bendrath
University of Bremen
Collaborative Research Center "Transformations of the State"
Linzer Str. 9a, D-28359 Bremen, Germany
Tel.   +49 (421) 218 8735
Fax    +49 (421) 218 8721
Web official http://www.sfb597.uni-bremen.de/homepages/bendrath