[Air-L] Internet Use in Public Universities

Cristian Berrio Zapata CRISTIAN.BERRIO at cable.net.co
Tue Mar 18 06:05:03 PDT 2008

Hello Shrwan:

I am developing the same work here in Colombia (South America) at the city
of Bogota. My work does no make the specific about "public" although it has
several particularities form the private (mainly the heterogenic
population). Regarding your factors, my hypothesis remark that here in
Colombia gender would be not a problems (we have more women studying than
men and no religious or cultural restrictions are given; on the opposite).
Art - science might be strong but in my case, the first stage tackle mainly
business faculties.

Although they are not specifically about public universities, I believe
Benoit, P. J., W. L. Benoit, et al. (2006). The Effects of Traditional
versus Web-Assisted Instruction on Learning and Student Satisfaction,
University of Missouri.

For Colombia Facundo, A. H. (2003). La Educación Superior Virtual en
Colombia. Bogotá, UNESCO
Instituto Internacional para la Educación Superior en América Latina y el
Caribe - IIESALC. But this is a measure about TICs availability.

And the NO SIGNIFICANT phenomena man, Russell, T. L. (1999). The No
Significant Difference Phenomenon. Raleigh, North Carolina State University.

I hope you revert so maybe we can fix way to collaborate and even, validate
hypotheses in both countries.

Cristian Berrío Zapata
Profesor Auxiliar
Facultad de Ciencias Empresariales
Universidad de San Buenaventura (Bogotá)