[Air-L] IRBs

Marj Kibby Marj.Kibby at newcastle.edu.au
Sat Mar 8 11:18:21 PST 2008

Given the research being done in medicine here I think our IRB does waste too much time policing cultural studies research where the potential for harm is comparably negligible.

For a student project they insisted that we get the names and addresses of discussion forum participants who were being 'interviewed' through the forum - so that we could send them a ststement saying we wouldn't use their names and addresses.

Marj

Dr Marjorie Kibby,
Senior Lecturer in Communication & Culture
Faculty of Education and Arts
The University of Newcastle,  Callaghan NSW 2308 Australia
Marj.Kibby at newcastle.edu.au
+61 2 49216604