[Air-L] Notice of Cybercitizen Conference - Queenstown, New Zealand

John Fenaughty JohnF at Netsafe.org.nz
Thu Mar 13 17:49:38 PDT 2008

Hi there,

A quick ³Hi² to everyone on the list. My name¹s John Fenaughty. I¹m the
Research Manger at NetSafe. NetSafe is a non-profit organisation that
focuses on promoting confidence, safety and responsibility in Cyberspace.

We¹re hosting an international conference from the 28th ­ 30th of July:

³Cybercitizens: Risks, Rights, and Responsibilities of Participation in the
Information Age².

This conference aims to consider a range of topics relating to the concepts
of cybercitizenry and cybersafety. We seek papers, presentations, and
workshops on a broad range of topics related to the risks, rights to safety,
and responsibilities of citizens in the information age.

We welcome a broad audience, including educators, researchers, industry, web
developers, government, and non-government organisations, to collaborate on
considering the challenges and opportunities Cyberspace can offer for
citizens in the information age.

The conference website is:
http://www.cybersafety.org.nz/conference08

We¹d love to have any AIR member involvement in the conference. If you¹ve
any questions feel free to check out the website or contact me.
Cheers
John

John Fenaughty / Research Manager / NetSafe / p: 09 353 0624 / m: 021 44 28
72 / skype: johnnetsafe / www.netsafe.org.nz