[Air-L] Research/Eval Fellow: Univ. of MN, Digital Media Center

Aimee Whiteside aimee at umn.edu
Fri Mar 14 14:37:21 PDT 2008

Greetings, colleagues:
**Apologies for cross posts** We have a position open in our office for
a Research and Evaluation Fellow at the Univ. of Minnesota's Digital
Media Center (See below and attached doc). Would you or someone you know
be interested? Please feel free to spread the word to any qualified
individuals and to any applicable lists. If you have any questions,
please contact the Research and Evaluation Services Coordinator, J.D.
Walker, at jdwalker at umn.edu. For more information about the University
of Minnesota's Digital Media Center, please see our website at
http://dmc.umn.edu. Thank you! --Aimee

Aimee L. Whiteside, Ph.D.
Research and Evaluation Consultant
Digital Media Center, Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
aimee at umn.edu

---

**

  *Educational Technology***

  *Research and Evaluation Fellow*

*Req #154044*

*$55,000+ DOQ*

 The University of Minnesota's Digital Media Center (DMC) seeks a
research and evaluation professional to work with our team to explore
the impact of emerging technologies on teaching and learning in higher
education.  Our mission is to support student learning through a
scholarly approach to the design and implementation of
technology-enhanced learning (TEL) environments, and through
evidence-based development and support of the faculty and staff we serve.

 As a member of the evaluation team, you will consult with faculty to
support their activities in scholarly teaching with technology, assist
in the evaluation of DMC faculty development programs and services,
pursue research projects in TEL, and share your expertise in workshops
within our faculty development programs.  The ideal candidate will have
experience and training in educational research and evaluation with an
emphasis on quantitative research methodology and data analysis, and
will have some familiarity with the use of digital technology to enhance
post-secondary education.

 We seek candidates with the following skills:

·        Master's degree in educational psychology, curriculum and
instructional design, program evaluation, learning/educational
technologies, assessment and measurement, or a related field.

·        Two years of documented educational research and evaluation
experience.

·        Familiarity with research and evaluation questions current in
the educational technology field.

·        Experience with both quantitative and qualitative research
methodologies (e.g., experimental, quasi-experimental, and correlational
designs; ethnography, grounded theory, case studies).

·        Specialization in and deeper knowledge of quantitative research
methods and data analysis techniques, including multivariate analysis.

·        Mac, IBM, and internet experience.

·        Proven project management skills, including strong
multi-tasking abilities and the ability to set and adhere to project
timelines.

 To learn more about this challenging opportunity and to apply, please
visit our web site at http://employment.umn.edu, click "Search Postings"
and enter requisition number 154044.

Equal Opportunity

Educator and Employer