[Air-L] Google "imperialism"

Michael Zimmer michael.zimmer at yale.edu
Mon Mar 17 17:07:48 PDT 2008

Along with Siva's "Googlization of Everything" blog and Ralf's kind
suggestion of my own (thanks), you might also want to check out the
recent issue of the Journal of Business & Technology Law which was
dedicated to Google.
<http://www.law.umaryland.edu/journal/jbtl/current_issue.asp>

Further, Dr. Amanda Spink and I recently edited a book of a broad
range of scholarship on search engines, much of which discusses
Google: "Web Search: Multidisciplinary Perspectives" (it is pricey -
ask your library to acquire it :)
<http://www.springer.com/computer/database+management+%26+information
+retrieval/book/978-3-540-75828-0>

The associated bibliographies from these texts might prove fruitful,
as well as the bibliography of ethical and privacy dimensions of web
search engines I've started to assemble here: <http://
michaelzimmer.org/2007/06/30/scholarship-on-privacy-and-search-engines/>

Good luck!
Michael.

-----
Michael Zimmer, PhD
Microsoft Fellow, Information Society Project
Yale Law School
e: michael.zimmer at yale.edu
w: http://michaelzimmer.org