[Air-L] TorontoStar: Facebook : The New Study Hall For TheWired Generation? Perhaps Not [:-(

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 8 10:05:51 PST 2008

If the professor had managed the group it would have been considered
using the internet in teaching with no news article.

now some other thoughts worth a little less.

As a TA there is a basic ethics question here that should be obscured
by the internet.

Also yes students need help and they should be encouraged to learn
math together.

all we say in my classes is you must hand in your own work you can do
math together.

Peter