[Air-L] avatar research ethics

Radhika Gajjala radhika at cyberdiva.org
Fri Mar 7 17:25:59 PST 2008

On Mar 7, 2008, at 8:11 PM, Marj Kibby wrote:

> The argument given to me was that individuals have an online
> experience (they stopped short of saying they have a life) and my
> research could negatively impact upon that experience.

Exactly Marj - I felt the same way about my MOO identity - these are
community formations. We hang out there and build relationships (more
long term sometimes than with people we meet f2f once or 2ce). We are
accountable to groups of people the businesses they own - their
ideologies and thoughts are not to be exposed without care.