[Air-L] Online research ethics

Lois Ann Scheidt lscheidt at indiana.edu
Fri Mar 7 22:24:49 PST 2008

The same is true here as well.  However, a team "autoethnography"
wouldn't be about the self which is how the issue has been structured
in discussions I've had on campus.  I can see why the IRB felt that
application for approval is necessary.  And yes, it is probably
overkill BUT again I am talking about application for human subjects
approval not about the requirement that the subjects sign statements
allowing themselves to be part of the research project.  In this case
requiring signed consent forms would be massive overkill.

Lois Ann Scheidt

Doctoral Student - School of Library and Information Science, Indiana
University, Bloomington IN USA

Adjunct Instructor - School of Informatics, IUPUI, Indianapolis IN USA and
IUPUC, Columbus IN USA

Webpage:  http://www.loisscheidt.com
Blog:  http://www.professional-lurker.com