[Air-L] Online research ethics

Radhika Gajjala radhika at cyberdiva.org
Sat Mar 8 03:23:11 PST 2008

here again I agree with Lois
(did I call you another name on-list yesterday, Lois - cant remember -
it was probably my sl avatar speaking and she got you mixed up with
whoever she was IM ing at that time  - I/I/she/he should really stop
multi-interfacing eh?;))
In fact - I like to get HSRB approval without actually terming it
"auto-ethnography" - I describe it as a study in SL. This sort of
thing - when/if it does not involve going into the teen grid on SL
actually does not even require "full board" review I was told a while
ago. But then- it seems we have a much more human IRB officer here on
our campus who talks to us about the nuances of our research and
suggests how we might articulate them in the proposal and so on.