[Air-L] Does MySpace have a drug-talk policy?

joana ro joanaro at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 11 02:11:07 PDT 2008

Hey Monica,

There has just been some controversy in Germany regarding StudiVZ, the
German version of Facebook.
StudiVZ has just asked users to consent to saving their data (and
according to the owner over 90% did) -
the arguments were the benefits of personalized commercials (yeah..)
and the possibility of providing police with data for their inquiries.

Strangely I read and heard this argument in connection with exposing
users that openly showed themselves consuming grass much more than in
connection with anti-semitism/racism etc..

One of the big weekly magazines (Spiegel) titled an interview with
StudiVZ-manager Riecke "Gott sei Dank dürfen wir Kiffer-Fotos jetzt
den Behörden geben" (Thank God we can give Smoker-Pictures to the
Police now), but changed the title to a more neutral one later.

I couldnt find any rules specifically relating to drug use, it seems
they cover that all under one data-saving umbrella.

Johanna