[Air-L] Any recommendations?

Bruno S. bselun at gmail.com
Sat May 24 05:01:49 PDT 2008

Hi Katie,

I just completed an undergrad assignment on YouTube. In addition to Alice
Marwick, you might want to check out the works of Jean Burgess, uni.
Canberra who did her PhD on a related topic. See
http://creativitymachine.net and
http://creativitymachine.net/category/youtube/.

Also, be sure to check out what Michael Wesch, assistant prof. at Kansas
State University, does with his classes and YouTube:
http://mediatedcultures.net/youtube.htm and
http://mediatedcultures.net/ksudigg/.

I'll be interested to hear more about the research on your side, does
someone know of an existing working group around YouTube and new media?

Cheers,
Bruno Selun
Student in MA Education, Policy and Society at King's College, London, UK