[Air-L] summer school - social work/internet/research

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Sun May 18 18:48:45 PDT 2008

Hello I am also interested in studying courses at a distance in
Internet studies. If I could also ask for course suggestions that
would be great.
I need a structured environment in a course but at a distance.

  I did complete as an undergrad an online course by Diane Dubrule on
computer ethics in 2000 and learned a lot about philosophy. We had a
good chat function in the course which seemed like philosophical
debate. May be I am an Internet addict because after this course I
read lots of Socrates. May be learning at a distance is a good thing
at least for hard workers.

I am looking for something in the field of Internet law or security
but the suggestions given to Chris Mestdagh have also interested me.

I would also be keen to find something in the next year or so on
Knowledge Management and the baby-boom as I need one course to go
with my thesis on this topic..

My back ground and present work is in statistics with SAS and now R,
with a further BA in legal studies and I am presently in a masters
program in systems sciences.

I have looked at hacking cases, domain disputes, and governance in my
legal studies of the Internet.

I am in Ottawa Canada.

Peter Timusk,
B.Math statistics (2002), B.A. legal studies (2006) Carleton University
Systems Science Graduate student, University of Ottawa (2006-2008).
just trying to stay linear.
Read by hundreds of lurkers every week.