[Air-L] Any recommendations?--(YouTube and online news sites--Al-Jazeera Arabic and English)

Muhammad Abdul-Mageed mumageed at yahoo.com
Thu May 22 21:22:27 PDT 2008

Hi Katie,

>I was wondering if anyone might have
any recommendations on scholarly articles relating to Youtube that you've
come across, and also if you have any particular books that have been
released recently that deal with research online and in new media settings.
Any suggestions you might have would be extremely appreciated!

Here is a link to a recent presentation by me on using YouTube for language learning. The paper is not out yet, but you may like to have a look at the abstract.

Title:
New Tools, New Schools: Using YouTube to Teach Foreign LanguagesLink:
 http://mumageed.blogspot.com/2008/05/new-tools-new-schools-using-youtubetm.html.

Also, I do not know what are you interested in, but here is also a link to a paper I co-authored with Susan Herring, Prof. of Information Science and Linguistics at Indiana University, Bloomington:
Title:
ARABIC AND ENGLISH NEWS COVERAGE ON ALJAZEERA.NETLink:
http://mumageed.blogspot.com/2008/03/arabic-and-english-news-coverage-on.html

Feedback from all group members are most welcome!

Sincerely,

--
Muhammad Abdul-Mageed,
PhD Student