[Air-L] Imagined communities

Jonathan Marshall Jonathan.Marshall at uts.edu.au
Thu Nov 27 18:14:29 PST 2008

For what it is worth i'd also recommend looking at some of Anderson's later work ie

1992) Long Distance Nationalism: World Capitalism and the Rise of Identity
Politics, CASA, Amsterdam.

(1994) “Exodus”, Critical Inquiry, Vol. 20, Winter, pp 314-27

from memory these are about the kinds of effects long-distance community has on the 'homeland' and the construction of national identities

and to self promote although perhaps not quite relevantly as there is only a passing reference to anderson, there is quite a bit about national identities, community and so on, and their construction and effects in an internet group, in my ethnography: 'Living on Cybermind' Peter Lang 2007.

jon

--
UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If

Think. Green. Do.