[Air-L] Sad News: Death of Brenda Danet

Jankowski nickjan at xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 30 01:15:13 PST 2008

Having been offline the past week, this sad news only now reaches me....

One of Brenda's contributions Steve did not mention was that she
served on the editorial board of New Media & Society during its early
years, performing that all-too-often unacknowledged labor of
reviewing journal submissions and pointing young scholars in the
direction of NM&S at a time when the title was far from recognized.
Brenda did all of this, and more. I particularly remember, and
cherish, the personal conversations we had across the years, usually
in some corner of a conference venue. Thank you, Brenda....

Nick Jankowski