[Air-L] What's "Lost" in the Google age of Research?

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 20:55:51 PST 2008

In 2002, Tara Brabazon wrote a treatise called "Digital Hemlock" and in that book she disected Powerpoint and its dominant role in the 'new' classroom.  Interesting that now she's onto google . . .

I suppose there's 'bad' technology, then there's the poor use of 'bad' technology, then there's 'good' technology, then there's the poor use or implementation of 'good technology' . . . .

There is some evidence that students want more than web-based instruction - the point was made by Phil Agre in his chapter in "Digital Acdeme" in 2002 and I wonder if that point can still be made in 2008?

Cheers, Denise

Denise N. Rall, PhD. Internationalisation Project Officer
Southern Cross University, Lismore NSW 2480 AUSTRALIA
Office: Room T2.17, +61 (0)2 6620 3577 Mobile 0438 233 344
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/esm/staff/pages/drall/
Presenter, Internet Research 9.0, 15-18 October 2008, Copenhagen, DK