[Air-L] Online discussions on digital infrastructure, skills and communities

Bermonte, Anne (MGS) Anne.Bermonte3 at ontario.ca
Wed Nov 19 08:54:34 PST 2008

The Ministry of Government Services in Ontario is organizing three
online discussions exploring some of the key themes from our research on
digital divide and access.  These online events, which we are calling
ePanels, take place:

November 25:  Creating a More Connected Community with Broadband:  An
Intelligent Communities ePanel 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. EST.  ICF
co-founder Louis Zacharilla will lead a panel of experts from Cleveland
(Lev Gonick), Glasgow (Gordon Kennedy), Sunderland (Thomas Hurst) and
Tianjin (William Lin) to discuss how their communities are using
broadband to help citizens and organizations increase their economic
competitiveness, expand their knowledge and improve living standards.
http://digitalontario.na3.acrobat.com/intelligentcommunities/
<http://digitalontario.na3.acrobat.com/intelligentcommunities/>

December 1:  Retooling for the 21st Century: Digital Skills and Literacy
ePanel 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. EST.  York University professor Barbara Crow
will lead a panel of academics and researchers (Leslie Regan Shade,
Jennifer Jenson and Greg Elmer) who will explore how new broadband uses
and applications, namely web 2.0 and 3.0, require new skills and
literacy.  http://digitalontario.na3.acrobat.com/digitalskills/
<http://digitalontario.na3.acrobat.com/digitalskills/>

December 3:  Speed Matters in Ontario:  Digital Infrastructure Capacity
ePanel 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. EST.  Chair of Toronto Waterfront "iWaterfront
Advisory Board" Bill Hutchison will lead a panel (Matt Wenger, Paul
Hearty and Paul Salvini) who will discuss the drivers and benefits for
faster broadband, and next generation technologies such as fibre optics.

http://digitalontario.na3.acrobat.com/digitalinfrastructure/
<http://digitalontario.na3.acrobat.com/digitalinfrastructure/>

You must pre-register for these ePanels at digitalontario at ontario.ca

Anne Bermonte

Senior Project and Policy Advisor

OCCIO I&IT Strategy, Policy and Planning Branch

Ministry of Government Services