[Air-L] What's "Lost" in the Google age of Research?

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 10 13:11:13 PST 2008

The University of Google by Tara Brabazon 2007

is a good look about the university and the google age of research.
Mind you it is only slightly about google and the Internet
scholarship is not the best if it ever could be. But she is bang on
about academia and the Internet's effect on that. She connects lack
of funding for schools with all the buying of computers for campuses.
First year students who only use the net for research. As my boss is
writing in an unrelated paper "just because information is out there
doesn't help we are not all self learners" Peter paraphrasing Leroy
Stone