[Air-L] ICT and social cohesion

Linda Adrichem adrichem at fhk.eur.nl
Thu Nov 13 05:55:44 PST 2008

Dear Colleagues,

Two months ago I started my PhD research on Internet and social
cohesion. The main focus of my research will be on how online and
offline relations relate to each other and on how the use of  Internet
can contribute to feelings of loneliness or connectedness (in different
contexts). My methods will be both quantitative and qualitative and
probably some network-analysis.

At this moment my main purpose is to get an overview of most (recent)
research that has been done on this subject and to find relevant
questions that still remain. Furthermore I would like to get in touch
with other social researchers who are working on this.  Finally, though
I am already familiar with the classics, I would really appreciate
suggestions on literature about Internet and social relations/cohesion.
So please feel free to contact me if you have any  interesting tips!

Kind Regards,

Linda Adrichem MSc

Erasmus University Rotterdam
Faculty of History and Arts (Media department)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands