[Air-L] This Is Not A Web | WWWW

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at iastate.edu
Tue Nov 25 13:44:01 PST 2008

Artists/

What Would Dali Do ?

....Clean/Clear Your Mind Of All That You Know (or Think You Know) About The World Wide Web ....

... In Reading About Barcelona And Its  Art / Artists / Architecture ... It Occurred To Me That The Time Has Come To Rethink The Nature Of The Web And The Internet ...

What Would Dali Do ?

>From The Perspectives Of Dali / Gaudi / Miro / Piscasso / ... How Could / Should / Would The WWW Be Configured / Structured / Organized ...

[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvador_Dalí ]

[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoni_Gaudi ]

[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Miró ]

[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picasso ]

What Would Dali Do ?

>>> I'm Not Interested  In Art / Architecture Content On The Current Web Per Se ...

But In A ReConceptualized Web  = How Would Such Artists/ Architects Envision The WWW ... <<<

[BTW: I'm Not Interested In Virtual Realities Per Se ... [e.g. Second Life]

What Would Dali Do ?

/ Examples / Samples  / Thoughts / Would Be Most Appreciated ....

It Could Be SINful [ http://tinyurl.com/5rgff6  ] ...

What Would Dali Do ?

BTW: I Plan To Attend The e-Society Conference In Barcelona [ http://www.esociety-conf.org/ ] in late February 2009 / Does AnyOneElse Plan To Go ... ?

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan

Associate Professor

Science and Technology Librarian

Iowa State University Library

Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There is Nothing More Powerful Than  An Idea Whose Time Has Come / Victor Hugo

[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490 ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows

[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]

What Would Dali Do ?