[Air-L] Gender differences in internet Behaviour

Sue Malta SMalta at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Sun Nov 9 16:59:21 PST 2008

Dear Dr Abdulla

Our apologies for not contacting you sooner.  We have had some minor difficulties with email and, upon investigation, it looks like we did not receive your original email submission.

The editors have had a look at your article this morning and whilst the material it contains is interesting, unfortunately it does not fit within the scope of the journal.  We therefore are not in a position to consider your article for publication.

We thank you for your interest and hope that you will have greater luck elsewhere.

Kind regards

Sue Malta

Sue Malta
Managing Editor
International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Society (iJETS)
Swinburne University of Technology
John Street, Hawthorn, VIC 3122
Email: ijets at swin.edu.au
Or: smalta at swin.edu.au
www.swin.edu.au/ijets
>>> "Dr. Rasha Abdulla" <rasha at aucegypt.edu> 10/11/08 1:14 AM >>>
Hi Shrwan,

I conducted such an analysis on a sample of Arab and Egyptian students. The
results are published in my book "The Internet in the Arab World: Egypt and
Beyond" which came out in 2007 as part of the Digital Formations series
published by Peter Lang, Inc. The book is available from Amazon.

Hope you find the information useful.

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Shrwan Khanal <shrwan1976 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
> I am researching on gender differences on internet use pattern, knowledge,
> purpose of internet use. It is a case study of University of Zambia,
> Zambia.
> The data was collected(using structured questionnaire) in last autumn among
> 300 students (from the internet cafe within University premise). Could
> someone help me identifying some of the theoretical or conceptual aspect of
> this kind of study. It would also be helpful if similar study was done in
> other developing world where internet is introduced recently.
>
> --
> Shrwan Khanal
> Masters Programme in Development and International Cooperation
> University of Jyvaskyla
> Finland
> cell:0442733433

Rasha A. Abdulla, Ph.D.