[Air-L] Imagined communities

Rhiannon Bury rcbury at rogers.com
Thu Nov 27 18:22:39 PST 2008

Hi

I used the concept in relation to online communities in the following article:

Bury, R. (2003). 'The X-Files',online fan culture and the David Duchovny Estrogen Brigades. In D. Muggleton & R. Weinzierl (Eds.), The post-subcultures reader (pp. 269-284). Oxford; New York: Berg.

Rhiannon Bury
Assistant Professor
Women's Studies
rbury at athabascau.ca

From: Philippa Smith <philippa.smith at aut.ac.nz>

I'm seeking out references to Benedict Anderson's theory of "imagined communities" in relation to the Internet and how new technologies enable the construction of national identities.