[Air-L] Possible Submission

FEDERICO MONACO monaco.federico at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 10:47:54 PST 2008

2008/11/12 Pearse Stokes <pearsestokes at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I've never contributed to AIR before but perhaps this would be of interest?
> Plus I'd love to hear comments!!
>
> http://cyberanthropology.wordpress.com/2008/11/12/locating-the-site-of-internet-social-research/
>
> Pearse

Hi Pearse,
anthropology seems finally to fix well in any field where symbols
rituals and practices are visible, but especially invisible.
Such in-visibility may come from hiding reality by virtuality and
virtuality by reality. The fact is that  the two always come at once.
Asimmetry, boundaries are built not around the meanings of material
reality and virtuality, but are the meanings themselves. A
representation becomes such by being performed, by being enacted.
Thanks for your contribution.
i like very much the examples.
On such multidimensional reality analysis you might like discourse
practices and entanglements in social sciences.
Joseph Rouse's Cultural Studies of scientific Knowledge
and Karen Barad's Agential Realism helped expanding my critical means.

Federico Monaco
Dipartimento di Studi Politici e Sociali
Università degli Studi di Parma- Italy