[Air-L] Oppression and internet

Susan Crawford susancrawford at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 11:36:13 PST 2008

A journalist sent me the following inquiry:

"Do you know anyone who has done research on how the explosion of modern
media communications and technology has affected the success of efforts
to place humans under slavery conditions and keep them there? Do
countries with more restrictive media/technology communications regimes
have a greater incidence of human slavery and a reduced chance of these
people getting out of such slave conditions? Overall has the use of
technology by the criminals or the reduced access to media by the
victims resulted in more or less slavery?"

If you have pointers, please contact me offlist.

Susan