[Air-L] Evolution of the Wikipedia page on the attacks in Mumbai

Frank Thomas news.ftr at free.fr
Fri Nov 28 07:48:29 PST 2008

And the German newsmagazine Der Spiegel , usually quite positive about
digital media (the website is the no 1 on political news in Germany)
criticizes the quality of the citizen journalists and writes about
digital gawkers who produce commentary about events that they know about
from other bloggers, twitters - or the press. The author also shows the
extreme rapid reaction of twitters after the attacks in a nice diagram.

Another topic to think about : the need of having eye witnesses and
instant explanations in the press:

A Mumbay blogger writes:
I was on Larry King Live on CNN about three hours ago. They called me
and asked me to be on the show as an eyewitness, at which I protested
that I hadn’t actually seen anything, I was merely in the vicinity. But
they’d read what I wrote in this post earlier, and they wanted me to
talk about that. So I agreed, and came on briefly. King asked me if I’d
actually seen any terrorists—I felt guilty that I couldn’t offer him any
dope there.

http://indiauncut.com/iublog/article/a-night-out-in-mumbai/

- ft