[Air-L] Food in Copenhagen

Christian Nelson xianknelson at mac.com
Tue Oct 7 17:41:01 PDT 2008

Of course, this isn't going to help you if you're orthodox, but Danish
pork is well known to be the best in the world. (And not just because
I have some relatives who raise pigs there.) The Russians pay Danish
farmers to teach them how to raise pigs. I kid you not. And one of the
greatest, and cheapest, ways to enjoy that pork is by ordering pølse
(sausage) at one of the many, many pølse stands you'll find throughout
Copenhagen, and all of Denmark. They stick the sausage into a bun that
has a hole drilled into it, after first filling the hole, if you wish,
with ketchup, mustard or sometimes more special sauces. My kids would
have gladly lived on nothing but this for the entire summer a year
ago, and nearly did.