[Air-L] BOFs (interest group meet-ups) and informal meetings at IR9

Lisbeth Klastrup klastrup at itu.dk
Fri Oct 10 08:22:36 PDT 2008

Hi all,
Yet another mail from your friendly neighbourhood chair:

At the Internet Research 9.0 conference, we have pre-booked a number of
smaller meeting rooms where people can meet up during the conference for
a) BOFs (Bird of a Feather) - interest group meet-ups
b) meetings with colleagues that you might as well have while you're in the
same geographical place

>From Wednesday Oct 15th and for the duration of the conference, it will be
possible for you yourself onsite to book these meeting rooms at a first
come, first serve basis at the ITU reception desk (located right across from
the conference registration desk) - we believe in the power of
self-organisation! The nice plp in reception are happy to help out (they can
also tell you how many people the rooms can hold).

Furthermore, we'll gladly help you announce the BOF's on the  assigned
infowall at the registration desk and at appropriate occasions, so please
let me know if you want to head a BOF meet-up, on which topic, which day and
when.

Once you have booked a room and have a set time for your BOF, based on
previous experience, I think advertising BOF's on this list, is normally
quite effective. Another place to advertise them is on the Facebook group
for the conference, which has quite a few members:
http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?id=505511345#/group.php?gid=23669370880
and other social media sites of course.

(ps. have already heard from a few of you, following mail to registrants,
your wishes have been taken ad notam!)

best
Liz Klastrup