[Air-L] undergrad internet & society courses in comm depts in US?

Julia Pellicciaro jpellicciaro at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 13:39:44 PDT 2008

Hi Holly:

The University of the Arts is a private university in Philadephia with about
2300 students. Its College of Media and Communication offers several courses
that focus on internet & society in a few different contexts. The courses
below will all have an arts/humanities approach to communications:

CMMC 151 - History of Communication
CMMC 207 - Digital Distribution
CMMC 334 - News and Culture in the Digital Age
MMDI 150 - Information Concepts

You can view descriptions for these courses by searching
http://catalog.uarts.edu/search_advanced.php

For info on the CMMC courses, contact Sigmund Washington in the
Communications Department at swashington at uarts.edu. For info on the MMDI
course, contact Angela Dowdy in the Multimedia Department at
adowdy at uarts.edu and/or Jeremy Beaudry (who is teaching it this semester) at
jbeaudry at uarts.edu. You may mention my name if you contact any of them.

Hope this is helpful!

Best,