[Air-L] Open source literature

Frederick Noronha [फ़र Frederick Noronha [फ़र
Thu Oct 30 15:55:41 PDT 2008

Please take a look at
http://wikiwikiweb.de/FrederickNoronha

And, in particular, the links under
Liberation Technology: FLOSS in Asia

Rgds, FN

PS: Open Source and Free Software are two different things, with a
difference in emphasis (and ideology, if one wishes to call it that).
The mainstream media and industry is more closer to the Open Source
idea, though Free Software has earlier origins -- and is politically
more interesting to me.

2008/10/31 Angela Adkins <ama13 at uakron.edu>:
> Hello all,
>
> I have been asked for literature suggestions by a colleague with a budding
> interest in research on open source, particularly in how the community of
> developers/contributors maintains a collaborative environment and in
> resistance to open source. I would like to help him but alas, I am not
> overly familiar with specific research on that topic. But I am always
> impressed at the helpfulness and willingness to share on this list, so I
> thought this would be a good place to ask. Does anyone have suggestions for
> good sources to get started? I would gladly pass them along--anything would
> be much appreciated
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> Angela Adkins