[Air-L] ICT4D and e-Learning: Fighting the digital divide through education

Ismael Peña-López ictlogist at ictlogy.net
Wed Oct 22 08:28:02 PDT 2008

Dear list,

On behalf of the organization, I here forward the formal invitation to
attend the seminar "Fighting the digital divide through education"
http://www.uoc.edu/symposia/unesco2008/eng/index.html

It is a great pleasure for me to present you UOC UNESCO Chair in e-Learning
Fifth International Seminar, "Fighting the digital divide through
education", to be held in Barcelona between the 12th and 14th of November,
2008.

The UOC UNESCO Chair's in E-Learning Fifth International Seminar is aimed to
debate the different possible solutions to the digital divide problem,
cataloguing and analyzing success stories where ICT have played an important
role in the development of education, in spite of technological and social
barriers.

The Seminar is primarily addressed to:

    * Top management at universities: presidents, vice presidents, general
managers and executive officers.
    * Those responsible for the application of e-Learning in higher
education institutions, in which these tools play an important role:
officers in charge of the introduction and use of new technology, e-Learning
directors, faculty deans, research centre directors, etc.

The foreseen number of participants is sixty people.

For further information about the event please visit the Seminar's web site
(http://www.uoc.edu/symposia/unesco2008/eng/index.html) or email us at
catedraunesco at uoc.edu.

You can also follow the Chair's activity in the weblog (
http://www.unescochair.blogs.uoc.edu/)

Yours sincerely,

Ismael Peña-López
ICTlogy.net

Public Policies for Development and ICT4D
School of Law and Political Science
Open University of Catalonia